Work with Clare Machine Works
Current opportunities at Clare Machine Works:
The Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company including reviewing, drawings, repairs and product orders and ensuring paperwork is correct. The Manager will oversee the production floor and coordinate activities of workers engaged in machining, welding and cutting of products. The Manager is ultimately responsible for the smooth running of all production work and the quality of the output. The Manager assures the process, production requirements and product quality expectations of customer needs are met.
The manager will also be responsible for business development and sales. This includes meeting with current customers, developing new customers and bidding on projects. The manager will work hand-in-hand with the company’s administrator and reports to senior management.
Duties & Responsibilities
The responsibilities and duties of the General Manager are varied.
Production and Management
- Communicating new jobs and projects and requirements to all staff
- Estimating costs and preparing operational and production budgets
- Ensuring material orders from machinists, welders, and other staff are correct and that paperwork and invoicing are correct
- Organizing workflow to meet specifications and deadlines
- Ensuring that health and safety guidelines are followed
- Leading and encouraging staff to operate at a high level of effectiveness
- Responsible for material storage layout, proper identification and labelling
- Developing positive relationship with suppliers
- Other duties as required
Sales and Business Development
- Build solid relationships with customers and vendors.
- Present company services to potential customers, contact leads and set up sales meetings and presentations.
- Prepare proposals for potential customers.
- Negotiate sales and ensure contracts are signed.
- Attend trade shows and other industry-related events.
- Prepare all documentation required for requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Understand the various funding programs with the municipal, provincial and federal governments. Apply for government funding when required.
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience as a operations manager
- Experience in working with customers
- Understanding how a machine shop works
- Understanding of quality standards and health & safety regulations
- Experience managing people
- Understanding of the fishing industry/commercial boats
- Ability to estimate, analyze technical drawings and scope of work with good computer skills
- Good organizational skills
- Attention to detail
Salary to commensurate with experience.
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information call 902-645-2216
Deadline to apply – August 31, 2022
8:00am – 5:00pm
Follow Us On Facebook